Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Why do I do this anyway?

Just a quick note about why the heck I started this thing in the first place.

2 reasons, really.

First, I had seen some articles on the internet about two particular bloggers getting national press. The first was the trampy Washington DC intern writing about her sexcapades. The second was the supposed celebrity, rance.

These two bloggers proved to me right away that I can do this. While I was morbidly fascinated by the intern, I was dismayed by her repetitive subject matter. Oh neat, you bedded another politician in Washington, imagine that. I also was annoyed by the rest of the country paying attention to her and wanted to voice my own opinions (see below) about her and other events passing in front of my horizon.

The fascination with rance, I think is fueled by his supposed celebrity, and not necessarily anything particularly insightful, although at times entertaining. I refuse to be a regular or captivated. Instead, I choose to write my own screed.

The second is I wanted a forum for my own personal observations, like the response to an article in the Miami Herald, response to Aaron Brown in National Review Online and my discussion of the ridiculous schlock-maker from flint, Moore.

So there you have it, my 5 minutes of, "Why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog