Monday, July 12, 2004

Ann Coulter is smart

Read the most recent Ann Coulter column, In Desperate Move, Kerry Adopts Puppy. It's very insightful. I wonder if any of this info will find it's way into the mainstream press? I doubt it.

The column struck me because of a conversation I recently had with a local judicial candidate. The future judge was just in awe of Edwards and remarked repeatedly how he was, "just like us." (The future judge, my former boss, clearly knows that I am not worth $60 million. I'm fairly certain the future judge isn't either, since the rest of our conversation revolved around her opponent's potential spending of personal funds on the campaign.) And how his wife was just so personable. As if to imply that I should realize what a great ticket this will be, this man of the people now on board. Funny how you can be influenced by propaganda, isn't it? If you get time, read the Weekly Standard article dealing with Mr. Edwards' "humble" beginnings. How many times will this be slapped in our faces this campaign season?

(Much of the future judges' happiness at this choice for running mate was based on a clear, and in my mind completely irrational, hatred of Dick Cheney.)

After further reflection, I realized that my former boss' husband was also a trial attorney, specializing in medical malpractice. While I was reading the Coulter piece, I found my mind wandering to this other local attorney and contemplating him making the same type of arguments, though on a lessor scale.

Thank you Ann Coulter for re-focusing the public discourse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog