Thursday, September 02, 2004

On a personal note....

Hello to Squeeze and his lovely bride. Had the chance to sit down to dinner with our reigning radical recently, and my wife and I said the same thing on the drive home, "That Squeeze is a good guy. I really like his wife." In our lexicon, being called a "good guy" is high praise indeed. While I secretly suspect that his wife is the brain in the operation, it was wonderful to sit and talk (mostly avoiding politics at my behest) with these two insightful and thoughtful people. Hope all is well, and let's get together again soon. Aloha.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you guys as well. It saddens me at times that we don't live closer to one another--but what can you do? Toledo just isn't the entertainment capital of the world, ya know!

    Heeheehee! I laughed all the way home, thinking about your "political domestic situation". It amuses me that this blog is like some Internet treehouse, where you escape to do the political commentary version of looking at nudie magazines and eating full boxes of moon pies.

    It pleases me that we remain good friends even though our political stances are somewhat different. It's relationships like ours that give me the hope that perhaps one day this country will come together, albeit the different views.

    Are you guys watching the Republican National Convention? I wonder how that dynamic is playing out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is kinda funny, isn't it? We don't talk about politics too much. Only when she wants to see my blood pressure go up and the vein in my forehead pulse. I guess the blog is cathartic in a way, but I'd probably do it even if we were political clones. I like your analogy, except I'd probably be eating a bag of Doritos instead of moon pies.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog