Monday, September 20, 2004

Bucks down the Pack 22-14!

Not too bad for a road game. The anemic offense scares the beejeezus outta me, but I'm starting to like the defense. I still have doubts about Mark Snyder, but if the defense keeps playing like this, he'll be ok.
I still like Zwick. I think this guy's going to be really special, maybe before this season is over. I like that he didn't make the big mistakes. Once he puts it all together, he'll be dominant. Still focusing too much on Holmes, but that's understandable. I remember one bad pass, where he missed Hamby for a touchdown. Just overthrew him, b/c he was open. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.
Lydell Ross doesn't seem to be able to get it going. I did like the touchdown run. Gotta have a guy that can get that 1 yard. Pittman showed flashes, even in limited play. Was the defense tired? Maybe, but they were geared to stop the run and he still was able to get positive yards. I would like to see more of this kid.
How about that defense? Awesome. I was cursing during NCST's first and second series, but after that, it was lights out. D line was starting to get some pressure and Simon Fraser played very well. What else can be said about these linebackers? Hawk is awesome and should have gotten that last interception (I hate it when teams get that cheap last TD. Hawk's int should have prevented that). Carpenter looked good. Schlegel played well. D'Andrea is getting better. Opponents shouldn't be able to get too much done running on us, again. Secondary still looks good, even w/o Fox (though I still love this guy and hope he makes a speedy recovery). I notice that this defense tackles well. Able to tackle "in space." I hope this continues.
Use the bye week to get better and to get healthy, young Bucks, you've earned it!

2 comments:

  1. Defense was awesome, but I have not seen a team shoot itself in the foot with penalties like NC State did for a long. Being probably a typical OSU fan I have to dwell on a couple of negatives. Two late hit penalties that kept NC State drives going - the first one after OSU had stopped State on third a long. The other one came in NC State's last touchdown drive. Very bad mental errors. Also, giving up a TD on 4th and 19 - no excuse! And, the fumble coming right after a time out when the team is in field goal range is inexcusable too. Got to protect the ball. Nugent is awesome though. As the ABC guys commented, what a weapon. Best kicker in the country?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about those penalties. C'mon, Quinn, get your head in the game!
    Same with the fumble and TD on 4th down. Inexcuseable.
    However, you've got to like the way Zwick looks so far. Good poise for a youngster (relatively).
    Nuge is defintely the best kicker in the country. Money.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog