Thursday, August 19, 2004

It's the team AND the coach.

I've never been a Larry Brown fan. I've tried. Since I've been hoodwinked by Tony Kornheiser's charm, and I Tivo PTI, I've tried to believe that Larry Brown is a good guy. I'm not arguing coaching. I think he's one of the best. Even while he was in Philly, I felt sorry for him because he had to deal with Iverson everyday. Don't even get me started on that guy. Uh, yeah, we are talking about practice. It's where championships are won and lost, and every championship team will tell you it's true. See? Now I'm started. If the NBA is left to Allen Iverson and his ilk, the league is in major trouble. Wait a second, the league IS in major trouble. Oh well, no enamel off my teeth. I'll take any college hoops game at any time.
Back to Brown. Check this article ripping him from ESPN.com. ( I'm happy for him that he's won the NBA championship, but I gotta believe the clock is ticking in Detroit. Joe Dumars better start scouting a new coach, and realtors in the Detroit area should begin to solicit Brown.) Now I'm contradicting myself and arguing coaching, because I haven't seen any coaching in these Olympic games. It doesn't seem as if the Olympic team is coached at all. It's almost as if Iverson is running the team. It's Brown's job to get these guys to understand what they have to do to win, and so far I haven't seen it. I can't accept that this team can't win because of its construction. People say we need shooters, but the 3 point line is 3 feet closer, right? That's like a mid-range jumper for all the guys on the team. They should be money. They just look awful, especially on defense. My prediction is that we don't even medal, much less the gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog