Monday, November 15, 2004

Ohio State 17 Boilers 24

Dang it! I hate watching OSU play this badly. They don't look like a well coached team. Missed tackles. Missed assignments (EJ on PA touchdown misses Orton. Davie was right, EJ was supposed to "drill the qb in the back of the head"). Inept offense. How do we come away with nothing on two trips inside the 10? Inexcusable. Troy Smith is making mistakes much like Zwick.
Can't stand Snyder's defense. That soft zone is the death knell of the program. Trev Alberts nailed it at halftime, if OSU kept playing that worthless scheme, they would lose by 50. We make the adjustments until 5 mins to go in the game, revert to the stupid soft zone and lost. Coincidence? I think not.
I really want to win this weekend, but I think we have no chance. The only thing keeping us in this game is the rivalry aspect, and I don't think that's enough to carry the game. We may lose by 30. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe it's possible.

1 comment:

  1. Terrible game. How many third and longs did they give up? Way too many. A complete regression by the whole team.

    I almost called you complain about ESPN's constant pimping of the Clarett allegations during the game. A story which ESPN broke which is long on allegation and short on facts. ESPN I think was clearly only promoting its own "investigative journalism." A couple of mentions would have been sufficient.

    I'm really not excited about the game this weekend. If the weather holds I'll be playing golf and I'll catch the second half when I get home.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog