Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hey, University of Washington, honor your Hero!

Can't believe the pomposity of the students in this article. You do know that George Washington, the father of our country, was a war hero, right? I mean if he didn't pull the trigger himself, he was the commander. Should we honor him? Beyond comprehension.
As I look at the past through rose colored glasses, I don't remember being that large of an idiot in college. I wasn't part of the Student Senate, maybe that has something to do with it.
I did try to stop a group of people from burning a U.S. flag, with no success.
Well at least is looks like the Student Senate got it right in the end. My reading of the article says the University of Washington will honor all 4 of its Medal of Honor winners. Four? That's pretty impressive. I wonder if any university has more?

4 comments:

  1. How about West Point and Annapolis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven Medal of Honor recipients from VMI:

    http://www.vmikeydets.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=509

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, but WP, Annapolis and VMI probably don't have a student senate that won't recognize military heroes.
    Four is pretty impressive for a non-military oriented institution. Any other universities, outside the military, with an equal or better history?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda knew what you were getting at. I looked but could night find any statistics breaking down Medal of Honor winners by school. That would probably have to be done on a case by case basis. I did find a website breaking them down by state. Found another website which had pictures of Medal of Honor winner's grave sites, which was kind of cool. Found out that there are three or four Medal of Honor winners from my home county.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog