Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Prayers to the victims of Katrina.

There are so many links I wanted to put up for this post, including the bloggers relief fund (I'm still checking it out), but I have to admit to being overwhelmed.

The griping about the response is understandable, but I think over wrought. I mean that the relief effort has been massive and to have the place under complete control by Day 8 is a logistical success.
My opinion is that the Govenor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans have a lot of 'splaining to do. This was not a surprize. They knew the storm was coming for a week. Apparently they have planned and practiced for this type of emergency before. What happened? I think there was a real vacuum of leadership.
As an aside, I am mortified to hear the political left attempt to gain leverage by this disaster. Jesse Jackson was espousing bald faced lies and then had the temerity to say that the lack of response was due to the race of the victims? Wow. In the world of the Reverend, people were watching the catastrophe and saying, "ahh, we'll get to that tomorrow" based on the race of the victims? The left is politically and morally bankrupt.

Ok, here's a link that I found interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog