Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Music time.

Spin magagzine's Top Ten albums from the last twenty years:

1. Radiohead - 'Ok Computer'(1997)
2. Public Enemy - 'It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back’ (1988)
3. Nirvana - 'Nevermind' (1991)
4. Pavement - 'Slanted and Enchanted' (1992)
5. The Smiths - 'The Queen is Dead' (1986)
6. Pixies - 'Surfer Rosa' (1989)
7. De La Soul - '3 Feet High and Rising' (1989)
8. Prince - 'Sign O' The Times' (1987)
9. PJ Harvey - 'Rid of Me' (1993)
10. NWA - 'Straight Outta Compton' (1988)

I have/had four of them, even though I never thought any of them would make this kind of list.

Elsewhere:

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Bloggers Rank Over-Rated Songs

Robert Burke of Rhapsody Radish asked some of the top music bloggers to name the most overrated songs. Robert says he was not looking for the most hated song or even the worst commercially successful song, but a song that has garnered critical acclaim. No doubt this'll stir up some debate as some classic fan favorites have been selected.

The bloggers top ten over-rated songs:

1. "American Pie" - Don McLean
2. "Light My Fire" - The Doors
3. "Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
4. "Hey Ya!" – Outkast
5. "Pour Some Sugar On Me" - Def Leppard
6. "Wonderwall" – Oasis
7. "Memory" - Andrew Lloyd Webber
8. "Bohemian Rhapsody" – Queen
9. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" - U2
10. "Totally Wired" - The Fall

You can view the full list with the bloggers' explanations on their choices, comment on the list and add your own here.

1 comment:

  1. I actually have none of those albums. I would add these albums to the top ten, in no particular order:

    John Cougar Mellencamp -"Scarecrow"

    Guns & Roses - "Appetite for Destruction"

    Pearl Jam - "Ten"

    Dwight Yoakum, "Guitars, Cadillacs"

    Well, that's about as far as I go. I've spent most of the last ten years replacing my favorite vinyl albums with CD's so I'm not too up on the new classics. I really enjoy Cake's "Fashion Nugget" but I'm not sure that I can make a serious defense for top ten. Glad someone finally blew the whistle on John Lennon's "Imagine." Nothing but a bunch of utopian horseshit. Now a great John Lennon song is "Working Class Hero" but you'll never hear it on the radio.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog