Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A big screen version of Miami Vice? Awesome!

Universal Studios is making a movie version of Miami Vice. Link. How cool is that!?! It's gonna be tough to fill Tubbs' shoes, but I guess we'll see if Jamie Foxx is up to the task. How true to the original will Michael Mann's movie be? Same car? I have to think they'll update some of those things for the movie, although I hope they don't. I need to hear some Don Johnson/Phillip Michael Thomas quotes before and after the movie. What about celebrity appearances? Maybe Bruce Willis will be free?

Here's a newspaper blurb hyping the Mann angle.

3 comments:

  1. Hate to disagree with you but I think the prospects of Hollywood doing a worth movie of "Miami Vice" are slim and none, and slim left town. Loved "Miami Vice" (at least until Crockett married Sheena Easton then went crazy and became Sonny Burnett), but Hollywood's history of doing remakes which are faithful to the original is dismal. Recently confirmed this with a viewing of "Starsky & Hutch." Awful. Completely changed the spirit of the characters. "Charlie's Angels." More awful than S&H. I'm cringing that "The Longest Yard" is going to be remade with Adam Sandler. I can go on and on with the horrid examples. Please, New Hollywood, leave Old Hollywood classics alone and come up with new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point taken. I like Adam Sandler and am looking forward to Longest Yard. Also agree with your critique of the tv show and the plot lines, even though at the time I thought Sheena Easton was HOT!
    I keep hoping that my guys in Hollywood will provide the new ideas, although I hope Squeeze moves away from the B movie stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops. Didn't see before that Michael Mann is writing and producing it. There should be hope for a good result then.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog